I have to confess... I'm a total sellout. Thanksgiving is two days away, Evergreen garlands hang perfectly tied with bows to the stair rail, my buffet is decorated with greenery and pinecones that are befitting of this years "clean and green" Christmas theme and a wreath hangs from the front door.
Another confession? we're celebrating "cancelled Thanksgiving" this year. Truth be told, its my birthday, and I just wanted to have fun getting ready for the holidays with them - its one of the best times of the year, amiright?
One of my favorite ways to get into the holiday spirit is to bake a whole bunch of cookies and bring them to friends and neighbors. Here are a few classic cookies and a few maybe new to you that are too yummy to pass up.
1. Hot Chocolate and Marshmallow Cookies: these are the.best.ever.
2. Perfect Sugar Cookie Cut-Outs: This recipe claims to be moist, tender and keep the shape of the cutouts.
3. Oatmeal Creme Pie Cookies: These cookies look SO good. If they're anything even similar to the oatmeal creme pies of childhood days - yes please :)
4. Chocolate Crinkles: SO, so yummy. If you love chocolate - these are a must.
5. Thick and Chewy Gingerbread Cookies: The gingerbread's we make always turn out the slightest bit crispy, I'm excited to give this recipe a go this year.
My family's favorites include wreaths, peanut butter kisses and sugar cookies - what are your family's favorites?