CURTAIN CALL: BLACK

I have long questioned the presence that a black drapery might bring to a room. I'm fairly certain I've now got the answer: a moody elegance that may be hard to achieve, but totally doable and cool if you can pull it off!


[via] ashley goforth, plush palate

what do you think?

P.S. sorry in advance for the lack of posting today. M and I will be making the trip with my family from Minneapolis to Green Bay, WI to move them into their new town/home for the next few days. 

Labels: ,

luxe + lillies: CURTAIN CALL: BLACK

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

CURTAIN CALL: BLACK

I have long questioned the presence that a black drapery might bring to a room. I'm fairly certain I've now got the answer: a moody elegance that may be hard to achieve, but totally doable and cool if you can pull it off!



what do you think?

P.S. sorry in advance for the lack of posting today. M and I will be making the trip with my family from Minneapolis to Green Bay, WI to move them into their new town/home for the next few days. 

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

I have black drapes in my home office - love them!

August 18, 2010 at 10:06 AM  
Blogger design-habitarium said...

Black curtains are very stylish in large rooms with lots of light, but terrible in small ones like mine. When the interieur is all over black and white they are great.

August 18, 2010 at 10:13 AM  
Blogger ASHLEY said...

enjoy your family! and I love the black curtains in the first pic!! lovely!

August 18, 2010 at 11:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

they work GREAT as long as when they are open you have LOTS of natural light - in my opinion! ..

one of my friends has a home theatre in their basement - and they have black electronic curtains that close when it's 'movie time' .. how cool right?!

August 18, 2010 at 11:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Agreed with Erika - they work great as long as they don't darken the room too much. I guess it just takes the perfect room and the perfect curtain - neither of which I have to make it work, :)

August 18, 2010 at 12:46 PM  
Blogger Ruby said...

I have been considering black sheers for my apartment, I have teal ones up now. I get loads of light all day, and so I think it will be just fine. I have all colorful things going on in the room right now and am eager to switch it up and make it more elegant! Might just be the way to go. Plus with my beige walls and gold carpet and then the deep chocolates and yeah black in the apartment and then my pops of white and red I think it will be just fine.

August 18, 2010 at 5:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Pretty drapes! Good luck with the move!

August 18, 2010 at 5:58 PM  
Blogger Kyrstan said...

Top pic, simply striking! I love black curtains!

August 19, 2010 at 4:38 PM  
Blogger Life of Style said...

Those drapes on the first image are absolutely yummy...love them!

August 20, 2010 at 1:47 PM  
Blogger Christina Elaine said...

Have a wonderful trip... love the first picture.....

xxxx
CEO

August 20, 2010 at 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank's for leaving a sweet little note! It makes my day!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home